Inspired by a post from Happy Whimsical Hearts and with a twist on a previous recipe of mine, we came up with these delicious seed bites.
So well, using some of the seeds we have come across this week, we mixed:
- 1/4 taza de linaza = 1/4 cup linseed
- 3 cucharadas de ajonjoli = 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 cucharadas de semillas de calabaza = 3tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 cucharadas de semillas de girasol = 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 cucharadas de algarrobo = 2 tbsp carob powder
- 10 datiles = 10 dates
- miel = honey
- amaranto inflado= puffed amaranth
You basically put everything in the food processor, mix and shape into balls, How easy can that be 🙂
It is a bit of a sticky job and you need to feel the consistency, if it is too dry you put a bit more honey, if too runny pour some amaranth. I kind of balanced dryness in between spoonfuls of honey and amaranth.
The good thing about this kind of recipes is that you can play with the ingredients and change some seeds for nuts or honey for syrup or peanut butter, carob for real cocoa powder or omit it at all. Just give it a try and be creative!
As for how we looked while making the actual ball shapes, I haven’t got a picture. My hands were sooo sticky, and yes, the kids’ were also sticky and not much was turning into balls as most of what they tried to shape ended up in their mouths 🙂
Happy no baking!