Thanks to a good friend’s visit in which she brought us a baked gift, we opted for a drink this week as opposed to our scheduled lovely carrot and pineapple cake; recipe that we will have to share with you next week.
As for the main ingredients for this refreshing green drink, you will need:
- semillas de un melon = seeds of one melon
- un pepino en trozos = one cucumber in chunks
- 10 hojas de menta (machacadas) y una ramita para decorar = 10mint leaves (crushed)and a sprig to decorate
- 4 cucharadas de azucar (mas o menos, al gusto) = 4 tablespoons of sugar (more or less, to taste)
- agua = water
- Spoon out the seeds
- Put them in a blender with the cucumber, mint leaves, sugar and 250-500ml of water at high speed until well blended
- Pass through a strainer, add enough water to make around 1 litre of drink and mix
- Chill and serve garnished with the sprig of mint
- Sit down and enjoy!